Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rounding errors

#1 User is offline   Thumbtax Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

When entering dollar amounts on GIFI forms 100 and 125, Profile does not round all these numbers properly. e.g if the actual amount is between $x.01 and $x.49, then Profile rounds these numbers correctly 'down' to $x.00; but if the actual amount is between $x.50 and $x.99, Profile incorrectly also rounds these numbers 'down' to $x.00. Each year I call Profile to point this out and each year I am told that Profile is aware of the problem and it will be fixed, but the problem persists. Does anyone know of a 'work-around?'

Thanks,
Charlie

#2 User is offline   Tim Parris Icon

• Top Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostThumbtax, on 01 November 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

When entering dollar amounts on GIFI forms 100 and 125, Profile does not round all these numbers properly. e.g if the actual amount is between $x.01 and $x.49, then Profile rounds these numbers correctly 'down' to $x.00; but if the actual amount is between $x.50 and $x.99, Profile incorrectly also rounds these numbers 'down' to $x.00. Each year I call Profile to point this out and each year I am told that Profile is aware of the problem and it will be fixed, but the problem persists. Does anyone know of a 'work-around?'

Thanks,
Charlie

Yes, remove the cents before you import the GIFI. That is what our office does.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users