Intuit Financial Community: Electronic filing of T1013 Consent Form - Intuit Financial Community

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Electronic filing of T1013 Consent Form

#1 User is offline   budget Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:57 AM

With CRA acceptance of electronically filed T1013 Consent Forms, I'm not quite sure how to make ProFile do this. I would imagine that ProFile would not do this by defaut. I could not find anything on this within the Options or EFile menus of the program. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 User is offline   Sujata Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:03 AM

I believe the latest version of ProFile does not yet have the capability to EFile T1013s.

#3 User is offline   Lee@Intuit Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Intuit Staff

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hello,

Sujata is correct. This feature is currently targeted for the next release of ProFile.

-Lee

#4 User is offline   budget Icon

• Pip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

Sounds good, thanks for your help.

#5 User is offline   NearlyDigital Icon

• Pip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

Lee - can you give us any preliminary info as to how this is going to work? Is this going to be part of the T1 module? Will it accompany the e-filing of the T1?

View PostLee@Intuit, on 24 January 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

Hello,

Sujata is correct. This feature is currently targeted for the next release of ProFile.

-Lee

#6 User is offline   Lee@Intuit Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Intuit Staff

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hello,
This feature will be part of the T1 module.
Once you have the form signed you may go into the T1 return and send it electronically.
Batch filing functionality will not be available in the first release of this feature but is being considered for a subsequent update.

The T1013 content is sent separately from the T1 EFile submission per CRA specifications.

Hope this helps,

-Lee

#7 User is offline   samhill Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

View PostLee@Intuit, on 25 January 2011 - 03:24 PM, said:

Hello,
Once you have the form signed you may go into the T1 return and send it electronically.
Batch filing functionality will not be available in the first release of this feature but is being considered for a subsequent update.

The T1013 content is sent separately from the T1 EFile submission per CRA specifications.

Hope this helps,

-Lee

Thanks, Lee.

Hope they don't expect the client to telephone CRA to confirm, like last year.

I had a case where even after telephone confirmation, the approval wasn't given! The client telephoned from my office in front of me and gave the info needed and months later, still no approval. Don't know if this functionality will help at all.

#8 User is offline   Paperworker Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:56 PM

View Postsamhill, on 26 January 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

Thanks, Lee.

Hope they don't expect the client to telephone CRA to confirm, like last year.

I had a case where even after telephone confirmation, the approval wasn't given! The client telephoned from my office in front of me and gave the info needed and months later, still no approval. Don't know if this functionality will help at all.

I had a lot of clients where I was able to look up there tax returns on the internet via "Represent a client" CRA has suddenly erased all of my T1013,s from the internet and now I have to start over again. This year I have to save 4 pages for each client instead of 2. I am going to have to rent some storage space pretty soon.

#9 User is offline   PeteP Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

View PostPaperworker, on 06 February 2011 - 02:56 PM, said:

I had a lot of clients where I was able to look up there tax returns on the internet via "Represent a client" CRA has suddenly erased all of my T1013,s from the internet and now I have to start over again. This year I have to save 4 pages for each client instead of 2. I am going to have to rent some storage space pretty soon.

This may have something to do with it:

Due to annual system upgrades, some Represent a Client services will be temporarily unavailable starting 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 29, 2011 (Eastern Time).

Services that will not be available:

Starting January 29 at 6:00 a.m.
Change my return

Starting February 12 at 12:01 a.m.
All of Represent a Client
All services will resume at 6:00 a.m. on February 14, 2011 with the new release of Represent a Client.

#10 User is offline   Whyliegirl Icon

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

View PostLee@Intuit, on 25 January 2011 - 10:24 PM, said:

Hello,

Hope this helps,

-Lee

Do you know if we will be sending a pdf of the signed form, or just electronically submitting the "blank" form from the return and keeping the signed form in our file?

#11 User is offline   jwillis Icon

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

Electronically - in Profile, the the appropriate tax return open: click on the EFILE tab at the top and click on "Efile the T1013 for this taxpayer"
Jim

View PostWhyliegirl, on 08 February 2011 - 06:04 PM, said:

Do you know if we will be sending a pdf of the signed form, or just electronically submitting the "blank" form from the return and keeping the signed form in our file?

#12 User is offline   Nickle0 Icon

• Pip

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

Does anyone know how soon after efiling the T1013 we will have access to the CRA info?

#13 User is offline   unknown Icon

• Top Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: QuickBooks Pro Advisor, VOA
  • Interests:Check out the data transfer utility:

http://www.q2q.us/index.htm

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

View PostNickle0, on 14 February 2011 - 07:39 AM, said:

Does anyone know how soon after efiling the T1013 we will have access to the CRA info?

about a week....

#14 User is offline   BrianR Icon

• Pip

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

View Postunknown, on 14 February 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

about a week....

Just an update on this, but we are finding it has been taking at least 2 weeks with some of the ones we've electronically filed. I guess it comes with the time of year, but I thought e-filing these would prevent backlog.

#15 User is offline   samhill Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:22 PM

View PostBrianR, on 24 March 2011 - 10:26 AM, said:

Just an update on this, but we are finding it has been taking at least 2 weeks with some of the ones we've electronically filed. I guess it comes with the time of year, but I thought e-filing these would prevent backlog.

Some of our E-filed T1013's are in place within 4 days, some take about a 10 days.

We have even had some where they have mailed a letter to the client telling them that they have received the authorization form and the client has to telephone and confirm with CRA that they know the person or company, and that they signed the form to allow access, before access is granted.

Don't know how they pick the ones to have telephone confirmation, but some are old, some are young and some are large earners, some are on social assistance, some are students. They may pick the ones to confirm, randomly.

#16 User is offline   Michael Beamish Icon

• Pip

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:36 PM

View Postsamhill, on 24 March 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

Some of our E-filed T1013's are in place within 4 days, some take about a 10 days.

We have even had some where they have mailed a letter to the client telling them that they have received the authorization form and the client has to telephone and confirm with CRA that they know the person or company, and that they signed the form to allow access, before access is granted.

Don't know how they pick the ones to have telephone confirmation, but some are old, some are young and some are large earners, some are on social assistance, some are students. They may pick the ones to confirm, randomly.

Our clients have gotten simular letter, howvever, ours were for the client to call if they believe the authorization to be in error or that they did not give authorization to the named accountant or firm.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users