• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Form T7DR(A) 2010 Remittance form doesn't print properly

#1 User is offline   samhill Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:57 AM

Intuit's built-in form print format for the new 2010 T7DR(A) "Electronic Filing Remittance Voucher" doesn't print in the top portion in the correct place for the receipt portion.

For 2007, a member of this forum posted an RTF that printed all the information perfectly and also included the client's name on the receipt on the top.

The problem is that the 2007 RTF actually prints the client's name but apparently CRA moved the Canada logo to the bottom right-hand corner of the top portion.

I can't seem to make any adjustments to the RTF file without screwing up every other aspect of the form.

Can someone fix and post a corrected RTF file that everybody can use, with the client's name on the receipt portion?

#2 User is offline   budget Icon

• Pip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:24 AM

I was able to manually adjust the form to get acceptable results. I've attached the file for you. However, I would be nice if it printed properly right out of the box.

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   samhill Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Thanks a bunch, budget!

I'll try it out.

#4 User is offline   Tim Parris Icon

• Top Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:18 AM

History lesson folks... the original template for the T7DR(A) form was never provided by Intuit. It was and always has been a user submitted template.

Of course, since budget has now submitted on for the 2009 tax year, it will hopefully be copied into the program for the next update. Hint! Hint!

#5 User is offline   D Jarrett Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

This won't work for everybody. Remember, they test it on the printers using the OS's and drivers they have there. Out of the box sometimes it works great for me, other times there is a little bit of adjusting to be done.

#6 User is offline   ChrisG Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Wine, travel and wine.

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

View PostD Jarrett, on 02 March 2010 - 02:04 PM, said:

This won't work for everybody. Remember, they test it on the printers using the OS's and drivers they have there. Out of the box sometimes it works great for me, other times there is a little bit of adjusting to be done.

In the 10 years that I used Profile the form never worked with the four different printers that I had. Always had to waste time *arting around with it, or get a template from another user. With Visual it's been near perfect.

#7 User is offline   Easter1 Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

View PostChrisG, on 02 March 2010 - 01:06 PM, said:

In the 10 years that I used Profile the form never worked with the four different printers that I had. Always had to waste time *arting around with it, or get a template from another user. With Visual it's been near perfect.

Thank goodness for being able to pay bills (ie income taxes arrears) at Canada's Banks.

The T7dra's are a thing of the past around here, my partner will even sit down with the client on one of our machines and walk them through paying the bill using their own account. (the 95 year old got a real kick out of it! Now she wants my partner to help her with facebook!)

Easter

#8 User is offline   samhill Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Wow!

Fantastic!

Works (fits) perfectly right off the rack, no trimming needed!

Thanks a bunch, Lotar.

I am using an HP LaserJet P4515n and it lines up exactly and has the taxpayer's name on their receipt portion, too, in bold.

#9 User is offline   samhill Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

I sit corrected, but printing T7DRAs that are lined up!

#10 User is offline   Ranjit Icon

• Pip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

Did anyone receive T7DR(A) this year? We ordered in February and told by CRA these are on back order and will be sent shortly. I contacted CRA March 31st asking why we have not recieved our order and was told by a very unpleasant person that these are still on back order and was also told not to reorder, just wait and will automatically be send when supply comes. He could not give any estimate time saying 'we have not been informed about it'. We are runnig out fast as April is here and most of our client do not use on-line payment method. Any one else has any idea?

#11 User is offline   dunner Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

I ordered 200 back in late February and got them about 10 days later. They never told me that the forms were on backorder.

#12 User is offline   Reg Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

View Postdunner, on 02 April 2010 - 01:49 PM, said:

I ordered 200 back in late February and got them about 10 days later. They never told me that the forms were on backorder.

Like Dunner I ordered mine in early February and had them before the end of the month

#13 User is offline   samhill Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:01 AM

I got my order of them in early February.

#14 User is offline   ChrisG Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

Since I am trying to be green I am using up last year's pile. Don't think the CRA will refuse payment with them. I don't print them for early (March)clients but advise them to use the form that arrives with the NOA. Will start using them this week.

#15 User is offline   Ranjit Icon

• Pip

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

I called again today and talked to Sharon and was advised that they have none in stock and most likely won't be available for April 30th deadline and our clients should use online payments. Most of clients are ESL and cannot do online, she suggested they can come to tax office and pay in person or drop off a cheque. I wonder what happened to their printshop.

#16 User is offline   dunner Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

Do you have any forms from previous years? I have between one and two hundred from a previous year that I could send you if you want to PM me with your address.

#17 User is offline   Tim Parris Icon

• Top Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:10 AM

View PostRanjit, on 06 April 2010 - 02:43 PM, said:

I called again today and talked to Sharon and was advised that they have none in stock and most likely won't be available for April 30th deadline and our clients should use online payments. Most of clients are ESL and cannot do online, she suggested they can come to tax office and pay in person or drop off a cheque. I wonder what happened to their printshop.

As the T7DR forms are not printed using a regular toner but a magnetic ink, there is a limited number of organizations who can print the forms. Oddly enough, the bank tellers can't tell if the form is printed with the special ink or not. Since the teller can't tell and will happy accept anything that looks like it is correct, you can actually use a photocopy provided it is printed with a good black toner. (I've included a scan if you ran out.)

Once the payment has been made, the bank will recode the bottom line so it will work. (I think that they will also charge the CRA a fee for having non-encoded forms which should result in the CRA having more supplies next year.)

Hope this helps!

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  T7DR.pdf (187.64K)
    Number of downloads: 123

#18 User is offline   unknown Icon

• Top Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: QuickBooks Pro Advisor, VOA
  • Interests:Check out the data transfer utility:

http://www.q2q.us/index.htm

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:33 AM

I have a stack of the old type tractor fed forms, if you are interested...

They shipped me the wrong ones a few years ago, and have been hanging on to them for spares....

#19 User is offline   samhill Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Boy, Bert, you and I must be the only two old guys who remember using "tractor fed" forms!

I still cringe when I remember printing T1s on "two copy" carbon-less paper being fed from a box on the floor. We made sure all was right before pressing the print button, cause it took so long to print and it was noisy as well.

I had two such printers until a fire demolished my office late last year!

Now, my new office only has laser printers! Oh, the good old days!

#20 User is offline   ChrisG Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

View Postsamhill, on 07 April 2010 - 10:04 AM, said:

Boy, Bert, you and I must be the only two old guys who remember using "tractor fed" forms!

I still cringe when I remember printing T1s on "two copy" carbon-less paper being fed from a box on the floor. We made sure all was right before pressing the print button, cause it took so long to print and it was noisy as well.

I had two such printers until a fire demolished my office late last year!

Now, my new office only has laser printers! Oh, the good old days!

And I remember when they required that it be printed on blue paper! Had to phone all over town to find it. Amazing how the bureaucratic mind processes.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users