• You cannot reply to this topic

T1 Efile

#1 User is offline   BalancedBooks Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

So has anyone efiled a return yet?

I tried but not sure if it worked.

I got an "Unrecognized Error" but I also got a confirmation number.

And the Efile screens did not come up like they used to when Efiling one at a time.

Any comments on early results are appreciated.

Dan

And yes, I drank the Kool-Aid for one last year.

#2 User is offline   Rich Aknk Icon

• Pip

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

I've been trying to e-file as well. It doesn't look like anythings going through. Does anyone know if this is a CRA or Profile problem ?

View PostBalancedBooks, on Feb 9 2009, 02:04 PM, said:

And the Efile screens did not come up like they used to when Efiling one at a time.

Dan

#3 User is offline   spenceh Icon

• Top Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: QuickBooks Pro Advisor, VOA

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:43 PM

View PostRich Aknk, on Feb 9 2009, 12:31 PM, said:

I've been trying to e-file as well. It doesn't look like anythings going through. Does anyone know if this is a CRA or Profile problem ?

I have successfully E-filed a single return with no error messages. (Not batch filed. :lol: )

#4 User is offline   alexma6060 Icon

• Pip

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

View PostBalancedBooks, on Feb 9 2009, 07:04 PM, said:

Dan

I tried to efile one return this afternoon and got the same error message. Any help please!

#5 Guest_Nathan@Intuit_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

View Postalexma6060, on Feb 10 2009, 02:39 PM, said:

I tried to efile one return this afternoon and got the same error message. Any help please!

Please see this thread: http://community.int...e...c=36648&hl=

Thanks.

#6 User is offline   taxtrapper Icon

• Pip

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

ProFile is aware of the problem and it will be fixed in a patch due out in the last part of this week i.e. by Feb 13, 2009

#7 User is offline   Theathebest Icon

• Pip

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:36 AM

View Posttaxtrapper, on Feb 10 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

ProFile is aware of the problem and it will be fixed in a patch due out in the last part of this week i.e. by Feb 13, 2009

I had the same problem. Good to find out the answer here before I call Profile. Thanks.

#8 User is offline   Greg@Intuit Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Intuit Staff

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

The "Unrecognized Error" when invoking EFILE this return from the EFILE menu is corrected in 2008.3.1. As you have noticed when you invoke the EFILE this return it will automatically connect with the CRA's services and transfer the file. This change in behavior is due to our use of a new new service for single file transmission. In a future release we are considering including a confirmation dialog prior to connecting with the service to help prevent unwanted transmission.

#9 User is offline   JohnNP Icon

• Top Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

View PostGreg@Intuit, on Feb 13 2009, 06:04 AM, said:

The "Unrecognized Error" when invoking EFILE this return from the EFILE menu is corrected in 2008.3.1. As you have noticed when you invoke the EFILE this return it will automatically connect with the CRA's services and transfer the file. This change in behavior is due to our use of a new new service for single file transmission. In a future release we are considering including a confirmation dialog prior to connecting with the service to help prevent unwanted transmission.

in other words,
Ver 8.3.1 is BROKEN
and is not intended to be fixed!

Do not install this version folks, if you want to save the transmission file (.tax) first, or at any time.

It will not let you

Webservice Unavailable

ProFile was unable to connect to the transmission service.

This may be because:
ProFile does not have permission to access the Internet.
This system is not connected to the Internet or the Internet connection is offline.
The host server is down or offline.
The host server may be experiencing a high volume of traffic at the moment and is not responding.

If you are able to access the internet outside of ProFile, this suggests that ProFile does not have permission to access the Internet. If your system is protected by a firewall, check that ProFile has permission to access the Internet. Your system administrator can check for you, or alternatively, contact your firewall vendor for details on how to do this.

If you have recently updated ProFile, the application may have changed. The update will have prompted your firewall to seek renewed permission for ProFile to access the Internet: if this permission was not granted, ProFile will not be able to transmit electronically.

#10 User is offline   Jim Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

John,

I may be a little thick here, but do you mean you can't save the file prior to efiling?

Jim

#11 User is offline   JohnNP Icon

• Top Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

View PostJim, on Feb 13 2009, 07:00 AM, said:

John,

I may be a little thick here, but do you mean you can't save the file prior to efiling?

Jim

that is correct, so far i am unable to do so (i am speaking about the .tax file)
if i cannot discover a workaround shortly, the UNINSTALL feature is going to be my favourite feature of profile

#12 User is offline   Tara@Intuit Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Intuit Staff

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

The 'unrecognized error' that displays when using 'EFILE this return' under a basic license has been resolved in 2008.3.1.

Not specific to 2008.3.0 or 2008.3.1
You'll remember last year that you had to click the 'I agree' button in the window before the .TAX file would transmit. Unlike in previous years, when you click 'EFILE this return' this season, the .TAX file is automatically transmitted without further intervention required from you.

In response to concern we've received from some users, in the next release, a warning message will pop-up letting you know that you're about to transmit in case you need to back out. For users that do not want to see this warning, they’ll be able to disable it.

The .TAX that is created when you click ‘EFILE this return’ is saved to the EFILE directory you specify under EFILE > Options; this functionality is the same as in previous seasons, existed in 2008.3.0 and persists in 2008.3.1.

I hope this helps to clarify some of your concerns.

#13 User is offline   JohnNP Icon

• Top Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

View PostTara@Intuit, on Feb 13 2009, 08:17 AM, said:

The .TAX that is created when you click ‘EFILE this return’ is saved to the EFILE directory you specify under EFILE > Options; this functionality is the same as in previous seasons, existed in 2008.3.0 and persists in 3200.8.1.

not exactly:
- no indication that the file is being saved
- if new install/update done, the default file location appeared to have changed itself

however, i am pleased that having now fixed the save path, i have in fact discovered that the .tax file is saved, so i am somewhat happier :)

( Will copy this to http://community.int...e...c=36743&hl= )

#14 User is offline   The Skuj Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, Philosophy, Photography, Linux, Politics, Physics, Astronomy

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

I've been trying to eFile a simple T4-only client but Profile (2008.3.1) won't let me... it complains about outstanding audit issues (there are none).

"EFILE:" reads as "not eligible", but the EFILE form comes clean (and should). :angry:

#15 User is offline   The Skuj Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Interests:Music, Philosophy, Photography, Linux, Politics, Physics, Astronomy

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

View PostThe Skuj, on Feb 15 2009, 05:46 PM, said:

I've been trying to eFile a simple T4-only client but Profile (2008.3.1) won't let me... it complains about outstanding audit issues (there are none).

"EFILE:" reads as "not eligible", but the EFILE form comes clean (and should). :angry:

I disabled all the "prevent filing" items under "Environment >> Audit" and was able to eFile it... this has to be a bug though.

#16 User is offline   donpaton Icon

• Pip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

I still cannot Efile a single T1 return. I get the old "Failed. CRA: unrecognized error." message. I have been able to Efile T2 returns since renewing Profile, but this is the first T1 I have tried. I just updated the program to 2008.3.5, but when I check the Details under the Version Information in the Help menu, it still shows the T1 module as 2008.2.0. Any suggestions? I have tried disabling all the warnings in the Options menu, as suggested by some others in this thread.

#17 User is offline   James1 Icon

• Professional Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

View Postdonpaton, on Mar 3 2009, 10:31 AM, said:

I still cannot Efile a single T1 return. I get the old "Failed. CRA: unrecognized error." message. I have been able to Efile T2 returns since renewing Profile, but this is the first T1 I have tried. I just updated the program to 2008.3.5, but when I check the Details under the Version Information in the Help menu, it still shows the T1 module as 2008.2.0. Any suggestions? I have tried disabling all the warnings in the Options menu, as suggested by some others in this thread.

per email

Note:
Version 2008.3.5 also includes corrections to known issues in ProFile T1/TP1. To see a list of the corrected issues and/or to view issues still outstanding, open ProFile and select Online > Update Information > Update Summary.

#18 User is offline   D Jarrett Icon

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

assuming you did the auto check for updates, try running proreg.exe in your profile installation folder. If that doesnt work, you might want to download the full update. Sounds like something didn't take.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users